Author Topic: Wishlist for the game  (Read 882 times)

CunningValentine

• View Profile
Wishlist for the game
« on: January 28, 2019, 02:33:44 AM »
Let's make a wishlist for the game (I hope this is ok.)

I'd like to see weapon mods. Disguises like in Hitman would be cool too.

DJ

• Where are you going?
  • Don't you know I wrote all the hits?
    • View Profile
    • djangodurango.com
Re: Wishlist for the game
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 07:11:09 AM »
(I hope this is ok.)

Yes, this is perfectly fine.

VeidtWasReidt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 08:03:09 AM »
Will there still be skill builds like Payday or is it going to be a class based system?
I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

DJ

• Where are you going?
    • View Profile
    • djangodurango.com
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 09:19:10 AM »
Skill builds. Canonically, certain characters will be the mascot for particular skills, but you'll be able to do a custom skill build same as how PAYDAY 2 works. The current plan is to forgo trees so you don't have to buy shit you don't want to get shit you do, but the number of skills you can carry at once will be much smaller.

Kit-Cat Clock

• CFO, Executive Producer, Financier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 06:56:58 PM »
I think we should change the style of this game to something a bit more artistic. One of those weird indie titles that make you think really hard about your life and choices.

We can keep the same characters, but everything will take place at a funeral. Sable's father has just passed away, and she goes around interacting with other people, learning their dramatic, stirring backstories and gaining more insight into the family's emotional state. Everyone's sad tales will make you reflect on your own family - we'll laugh, we'll cry, we'll sample catered foods.

It'll be called 'The Wake!'
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 07:02:09 PM by Kit-Cat Clock »

DJ

• Where are you going?
    • View Profile
    • djangodurango.com
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 07:04:10 PM »
My finance fiancé, everybody.

Paupers Run

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 05:23:25 PM »
I have a few questions related to stealth;

* Is there still a pager system, and if so, what is the maximum number you can answer?

* Are body bags like they were in Payday?

* You mentioned there would be some kind of distraction system. Will it be interacting with things to make noise, or throwing items, or something else entirely?

* Did you take any ideas from or base them off of Jamesblack47's video on why he isn't fond of stealth?

DJ

• Where are you going?
    • View Profile
    • djangodurango.com
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2019, 04:02:15 PM »
I wanna preface these answers by saying that a lot of my ideas re: the processes by which you go about doing things are probably gonna sound more complicated than PAYDAY, but that's because I think it'd be more fun for you to get to choose what you're going to do not just based on what works with your play style, but what might be helpful in a particular situation. In addition, I want to use RNG in much more fun ways.

Also, I definitely prefer to lean towards realism when I can, but in some cases, people don't enjoy it. Like, no one really wants to have to continually get their hair cut in RDR, you know?

Also also, please know that while this is what I want to do, I can't promise this is how it'll be until this is how it is.

* Is there still a pager system, and if so, what is the maximum number you can answer?

My qualm with the pager system was that they changed it so that there was basically no reward for subduing guards as opposed to killing them (also it made it impossible to clear a map of guards so you could enjoy the set pieces unaccosted). My feeling is that I like that pagers create a reason to avoid killing guards, but eating one regardless of the guard's death is fuckin' useless.

So in my ideal scenario, here's what would happen:

• If you kill or shout down a guard, his pager goes off and requires attention.
  • From there, if the guard is dead, you'd "lose" a pager like you would in clowntown. They then direct another guard to the area temporarily, so if you killed that guard because you thought it'd make things quicker, it may not. Conversely, if you shouted this guard down, you can intimidate him into answering his own pager.
  • However, there will be a small chance that, having the opportunity to fuck you over, this guard may opt to give you away instead, thereby raising the alarm. You would have a second or two to recognize that this is what he is doing and kill him before he can fully alert the man in the closet, which would eat a pager and cause another guard to come over, but would give you a chance to avert loud mode which brings us to...

* Are body bags like they were in Payday?

My feeling is that the bodybag was really just Hitman's body dragging feature with additional steps, but I do see why they did it that way. I suspect Diesel really isn't so great at chaining ragdolls together so it's easier just to despawn a body and give you a bag to move.

I'm thinking what I may do is give you the option to bag up a corpse (which takes stationary time, but makes you more mobile immediately) and just dragging a corpse to your stash location (which takes more mobile time, but minimizes time you may be stuck out in the open bagging).

* You mentioned there would be some kind of distraction system. Will it be interacting with things to make noise, or throwing items, or something else entirely?

This is probably going to require a lot of balancing due to the multiplayer aspect, so don't get too attached to this but...

I think maybe I'll just make it so everything can whistle or something. Whistling causes guards to leave their patrols to investigate the sound, so you can use it as a single player to distract a guard and then move very quickly into the space you were trying to get them away from. Or you can use it as part of a team, by pulling a guard away from where your teammate is trying to get to.

However, this might be a thing that needs to be tempered by, like, if you whistle too much around a single guard (and every guard will have a slightly different threshold, like between three and five or something, so you may be tempted to push your luck), he'll eat one of your pagers and they'll send in back up so you have to scramble to accommodate for that.

* Did you take any ideas from or base them off of Jamesblack47's video on why he isn't fond of stealth?

Never heard of him. I'll look it up though.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 02:23:04 AM by DJ »

Paupers Run

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 04:06:52 PM »
Ah ha. Interesting.

BTW, saw the new chapters of Cash Bonus. So flattered. Thank you!

DJ

• Where are you going?
    • View Profile
    • djangodurango.com
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2019, 04:10:52 PM »
:D Thank you, man. People being interested in my game keeps me motivated to do all the stuff I gotta do for it.

Paupers Run

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2019, 04:20:44 PM »
Welp, just give a holler when you do see Jamesblack47's vid. He was actually a prominent Payday reviewer. Now I wonder if you've heard of Connor Shaw as well.

DJ

• Where are you going?
    • View Profile
    • djangodurango.com
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 04:30:55 PM »
Sorry, no. I never really watched any PAYDAY content on YouTube. I check the subreddit from time to time, but that's about it. I'll give them a look too when I get a minute.

Paupers Run

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 07:53:44 AM »
Ok, here's a new question: Loot bags. I remember you saying you'd keep the bag moving mechanics, but what else is there?

* What kind of loot besides money do you have in mind?

* Does the value of the loot change with difficulty?

* Do you have plans for infinite loot heists?

DJ

• Where are you going?
    • View Profile
    • djangodurango.com
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 11:22:43 AM »
Ok, here's a new question: Loot bags. I remember you saying you'd keep the bag moving mechanics, but what else is there?

* What kind of loot besides money do you have in mind?

Practically speaking, it doesn't matter much what a loot object is, since they're all dufflebags at the end of the day. The only difference is the weight. That said, I do prefer the idea of the crew going to a place to steal a specific object and maybe finding other theftables in the process.

I'm thinking a lot of jobs are going to involve museum type wares like ancient relics (Cairo's favorite), jewels, paintings, that sort of thing, but I'm thinking of less obvious marks too. Perhaps corporate espionage, technological goods. Truthfully, the loot is probably going to follow the location when it comes to designing a job a lot of the time, not the other way around. I'm more interested in giving you variety instead of lots of warehouses, you know?

* Does the value of the loot change with difficulty?

Yes, although, this is mainly about the money system in general. One difference between PAYDAY and my game that I hope to implement is making it so each player must front a certain amount of money in order to do a job. This may prevent you from playing certain jobs if you have crewmates who don't have enough money for their share (or at least, you'll have to do a smaller job first in order to afford a larger one). The idea being that my crew work for themselves, so you have to fund each job out of your own money. Plus, it gives money a more longterm use in game, as opposed to just piling up after you've bought all the shit you want.

tl;dr if you do shit on hard mode, you deserve hard mode money. Especially since hard mode will probably cost more too.

* Do you have plans for infinite loot heists?

Nothing designed yet, but "Rats" was one of my favorite heists so yeah. Will say that I'm not really interested in having my crew serve as drug mules. Like, finding a bag of coke incidentally is fine, but I'm very much not planning anything where they manufacture or transport drugs.

Paupers Run

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 11:45:34 AM »
I see. Additional question: I figure there's a different measuring scale of loot from Clowntown, but how much so? For scale, Death Sentence multiplies loot value by 9.2. What's your scale?

;