Author Topic: Original Characters, Do Not Steal (Tell Me About Your PAYDAY OC's)  (Read 1647 times)

DJ

• Where are you going?
  • Don't you know I wrote all the hits?
    • View Profile
    • djangodurango.com
So like, I got my own idears for characters and all so I won't be stealing y'all's, but I do get interested in other people's character concepts from time to time. Tells me a bit about what people are wanting for.

So tell me about your homemade heisters.

Paupers Run

• Head of The Paupers
  • Hoping to make a heist game, The Paupers, myself.
    • View Profile
    • ThePaupersGame AO3 page
Re: Original Characters, Do Not Steal (Tell Me About Your PAYDAY OC's)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 07:58:13 PM »
Well, my characters started out as Payday OCs, bit I gradually decided I might make my own Payday style game and out them there. With that said, here's my OC equivalent of Dallas to my crew.

Alexandria Kessner comes from a long line of entertainers. Entertainers that managed to marry into mafia, take power for themselves, and returned to Marseilles to run the streets. She was head of the Kessner Mob as young as 18.

Alexandria was a very active child growing up, performing ever since she could walk and talk. She flipped around like an acrobat, performed whenever she could, and even got involved in LGBT activism when she came out as bisexual. Seeing as how her family practically owned all of France's media, she certainly had an advantage there.

The problem was, she was an "aristocrat" first, a performer second, and really a gangster in name only. Whether through her elitism, her bourgeoisie attitude, or her sexuality not agreeing with her thugs, very few in the mob actually liked her. This gave way for one of her trusted executives planning an elaborate coup to take her out and put himself on the throne. His plan involved years of waiting to strike, gathering all bosses he needed to take her rackets. Once her father had passed and taken any real Kessner likeability with him, he had his chance to put Kessnernout of his misery.

He did not, however, factor Matthias Bourcier into the equation. (More on him in a future post). Bourcier hadn't alway totally liked her, but as one of the oldest living former bosses in the Kessner family, he felt he owed her a chance. He foiled the new boss's murder attempt and gave Alexandria a choice; take whatever money the executive hadn't seized and hope for the best, or join him on a little project he had been working on for a while. With little choice left, she chose Matthias's new plan.

That plan was The Paupers heist crew. The main crew consisted of the few people that liked or appreciated Alexandria and weren't already under the ground. While annoyed at first, Alexandria took a shining to heisting and cemented herself as the face of The Paupers.

She named herself after the show that started with her ancestors centuries ago. She now works under the moniker...

of Cirque.

So, what do you think?
Inspired by DJ to make my own heist game. if it goes anywhere, I'll let you know.

DJ

• Where are you going?
    • View Profile
    • djangodurango.com
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 09:28:43 AM »
I'm already hip to all of this 'cause we've talked about it before, but I just want to reiterate that I love the idea of her having to adjust to being a lesser criminal after running an entire mob family.

Paupers Run

• Head of The Paupers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 01:03:42 PM »
Sweet. If you had to choose, would you want to hear about another heister, or one of the additional people working in the sidelines of The Paupers?
Inspired by DJ to make my own heist game. if it goes anywhere, I'll let you know.

DJ

• Where are you going?
    • View Profile
    • djangodurango.com
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 05:35:56 AM »
Tell us about some of your support staff. I think people get interested in them because you usually don't get as much info about secondary/tertiary characters.

Paupers Run

• Head of The Paupers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 07:32:41 AM »
Well, ok then. How about the man with a chopper, the beloved helicopter pilot?

Larry Scafidis was a former Military man. Flew supply choppers in the Hellenic air force. He served 4 years without any real issues. Only thing was once he was out of the air force, he didn't really ha e anyone to come home to. And of course, Greece's economy hasn't been great lately. The only person he could turn to was his cousin, Galen Vlahakis, the boss of the Kessner family's Union Extortion racket.

Galen was an asshole. A vindictive little has been. He set up Larry in Kessenr's Smuggling racket. Larry naturally fit right in the sit based sector of the racket. But Galen, being the petty dick he was, hated Larry being in any position higher than him. Union Extortion wasn't really a major earner. So, he spread the narrative that Larry was a fuckup. This led Larry to be used less and less, occasionally bounced around different rackets that needed to send cargo by air. Matthias had him smuggle a set of rifles to a client and realized that Larry was damn good at what he did. He offered Larry a spot in the crew he was setting up. (It wasn't the Paupers yet, he was still trying to find real heisters).

Larry stayed where he was until the executive took over. Once he was in charge, Larry got treated even worse, until he just decided to bail. But not without leaving a little fuck you gift for Galen.

When he had to smuggle work permits in a storage container, that thing wound up at the bottom of the Seine. The executive didn't really consider Larry the problem and worthy of death. After all, ifiGalen knew Larry was a fuckup, why let him handle something important. He just fired Larry with a wave of his hand and a warning to Galen that even if he was one of Kessner's original bosses who sided with him, he was now on thin ice for this screwup.

Larry was welcomed into the Paupers with open arms, acting as their getaway chopper pilot and helicopter to deliver what's needed. He even got to keep his slef-imposed nickname, Hermes.

So? How's this?

CunningValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 05:49:07 AM »
After all, ifiGalen knew Larry was a fuckup, why let him handle something important.

lol

Paupers Run

• Head of The Paupers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 06:11:28 AM »
Is that lol because of the typo or the fuckup thing?

CunningValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 11:50:55 AM »
The fuck up thing.

Paupers Run

• Head of The Paupers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 01:51:24 PM »
Cool. Thanks dude.

DJ

• Where are you going?
    • View Profile
    • djangodurango.com
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2019, 12:30:34 PM »
Have you made any advances on making this into a game or something? Aside from those voice lines you commissioned?

Paupers Run

• Head of The Paupers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 08:21:44 PM »
No, sadly. I don't have a computer to do anything with, and the only laptops I would possibly have any access to are like a decade old and run like crap.

Paupers Run

• Head of The Paupers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2019, 07:33:13 PM »
Well, back to talking about characters and OCs. This one came to me recently and I haven't worked out every single thing, but it's an enemy type. Special thanks to DJ's very own Payday story "Interference" to give me a spring board.

The enemy is the counterattack to ECMs, The Signalman. Signalmen tap into the communication signal of the heisters earpieces and hot them with an ear-splitting burst of static, disorienting heisters and jamming voice chat. They also keep certain objectives, like hacks, from being completed until they get taken out.

ECM Feedback wouldn't stun him, but it wouldn't be useless. In addition to the equipment being bulky and hard to move in, it can only do one real function at a time. The signalmen has to turn off its main jammer to counteract the ECM Feedback and keep the other officers in the fight. They tend to stay back from the fight, but are reasonably armed for if an assailant gets too close.

Thoughts?

CunningValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2019, 11:50:52 AM »
There were a lot of Payday OC's after that character contest but you don't see enemy designs that often.

Its cool how this guy takes a power you have as a player and inverts it.

Paupers Run

• Head of The Paupers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2019, 04:19:55 PM »
Thanks, man. Glad you like it!

;